Contact Informationcarla.email@example.com (918) 595-7011
From Roswell, NM. NMSU, US Army, attended TJC-PTA.
Worked in a local hospital, received a call to return to TJC to teach. Wrote "Fundamentals of Anatomy & Movement", then got Master's Degree.
Involved with OPTA, APTA, Fed State Board of PT & OK Medical Board PT Advisory Committee. First ever PTA on that Committee, later Chair. Oversaw first ever Cont Ed audit for PT in OK. A member of the Tulsa Ship Modeler's Society.
In 2015 had the honor of marrying long-time partner, now wife, Sue.
- PHTA 1203 Anatomy & Physiology for PTAs
- PHTA 1303 Introduction to Physical Therapy
- PHTA 1383 Pathophysiology for PTAs
- PHTA 2113 Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Science in Education, New Mexico State University, 1983
- Associate in Applied Science - Physical Therapist Assistant, Tulsa Junior College, 1991
- Master's Degree in Occupational & Adult Education, Oklahoma State University, 2004
Elements associated with PTA education and PTA student success.
Publications & Presentations
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Movement: A Workbook and Guide.
ISBN: 0-8151-2210-0, Published by Mosby-Yearbook, Inc. August, 1997
Instructor and Student Perceptions of Passive, Active and Electronic Interpersonal Communication in the Workforce Development Classroom in a Community College.
Workforce Education Forum, Volume 32, No. 1, Spring, 2005.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and Oklahoma Physical Therapy Association (OPTA), Member, December 1991 – present
- Current member of the Education Section
- Past member of the Acute Care Section
- OPTA Eastern District Secretary, January 1993 January 1994
- Affiliate Delegate to the APTA House of Delegates, Washington D.C., 1995 and 1996
- Physical Therapist Assistant Representative to the OPTA Board of Directors, 1995 – 1997
- Appointed to the Physical Therapy Advisory Committee to the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision Committee Member, July 1997 - July 2002
- during which also served on Sub-Committee Assigned to the Consideration of
- Military Graduates Seeking Determination of Education Equivalency in Oklahoma, 1998
- Vice-Chairperson, January - November, 1999
- Chairperson, November 1999 - July 2001
- during which oversaw the first Continuing Education Audit for Physical Therapy in Oklahoma, 2000
- during which also chaired the Continuing Education Subcommittee,
- November 1999 - July 2001
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy Annual Conference
- Alternate Delegate representing Oklahoma, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, April, 1998
- Delegate representing Oklahoma, San Antonio, Texas, March, 1999
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Subject Matter Expert Committee for the Physical Therapist Assistant Job Analysis
- March, 2000 to October, 2001
- Selected for the Item Writer's Committee for the Physical Therapist Assistant
- National Licensure Examination, September 2000
- OPTA Personnel Committee, 1995.
- OPTA Nominations Committee, Spring 2007 – 2010.
- OPTA Ethics Committee, Spring 2012 – 2015.
- Outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant
- Oklahoma Physical Therapy Association, April, 2002
- Award for Teaching Excellence, Tulsa Community College, August, 2004
- Nominated for Research Excellence Award for Master's Thesis
- Oklahoma State University – Stillwater, April, 2004
- Recognition of Advanced Proficiency in Education
- American Physical Therapy Association, April, 2013 – 2018.